20 Sep Kybella
KYBELLA® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile.
KYBELLA® may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
Multiple injections under the chin per treatment; up to 6 treatments spaced at least 1 month apart. 59% of patients received 6 KYBELLA® treatments in clinical studies. Treatment is tailored to the amount of fat under the chin and aesthetic goals.HOW KYBELLA® WORKS
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH KYBELLA®
How many KYBELLA® treatment sessions will I need?
Will I need time to recover?
After KYBELLA® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under your chin. Be sure to inform your healthcare professional if you develop an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, or difficulty swallowing.What are the possible side effects of KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including nerve injury in the jaw that can temporarily cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness (experienced by 4 out of 100 people in clinical studies) and trouble swallowing (experienced by 2 out of 100 people in clinical studies). In clinical studies, nerve injury in the jaw resolved on its own in a median of 44 days (range of 1 to 298 days), and trouble swallowing resolved on its own in a median of 3 days (range of 1 to 81 days).
The most common side effects occur in the treatment area and include:
What should I tell my doctor before treatment?
Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
- Have had or have trouble swallowing
- Have bleeding problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby)
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk; talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive KYBELLA®)
- Are taking any medications, especially blood thinners